Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Park School was located at the 1400 Block of Lorne Avenue, across the street from Stanley Park. Designed by W.A. Elliott, the school was built in 1904 to replace West Ward School. The school operated until 1975 when students were transferred to Betty Gibson School. After being briefly used by Brandon University, the building was demolished in 1978.
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Davidson & Gowen Photography
Physical description area
30" x 33.5" (b/w)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Davidson & Gowen was owned and operated by Alexander Davidson and Frank Gowen. Their studio was located at 115 Tenth Street and specialized in photography and framing. When Gowen moved his family to Vancouver in spring 1913, the Davidson & Gowen Studio became Davidson Photography.
Donated to the Daly House Museum by the City of Brandon in 1977.
Scope and content
Photograph of Park School in Brandon.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Negative available at Daly House Museum.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.