Title and statement of responsibility area
Otterburne United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: Ex. 60; 90 - 19
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1896 - 1966 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Otterburne United Church, formerly known as St. Nicholas Presbyterian, existed in the Manitoba community of Otterburne, located in the Rural Municipality of De Salaberry, from 1925-1964. Otterburne was a stand-alone preaching point for much of its history and was served by various student ministers. It was part of the Waldon Pastoral charge with Niverville and Steinbach after 1957. Otterburne United Church closed in December of 1964 and the congregation joined Niverville. Monies from the dispersal of the church's assets were split between congregations in Niverville and Morris. The title of the Otterburne Church property was transferred to a Mr. McVicar in 1968.
The records of the Otterburne United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Steinbach-Niverville charge in 1987 and 1990.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Otterburne United Church include: Sacramental records pertaining to Baptisms (1939-1964), Marriages (1938-1961), and Burials (1896-1962); records of the Session and congregational membership, including a membership roll (1938-1965), minutes of the Board of Elders (1960-1963), and membership certificate stubs (1960-1969); records of the Board and Committees, including minutes and Annual Meeting minutes (1937-1960), receipts and disbursements (1937-1964), and Congregational minutes (1949-1959); minutes of the Stewards and Property Management (1960-1966), and minutes of meetings of the congregation (1961-1966); minutes of Christian Education (1960-1963) and receipts and disbursements (1958-1964); records of Lay Associations, including Ladies Aid receipts and disbursements (1938-1952) and Women's Auxiliary minutes (1953-1957).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description