Title and statement of responsibility area
Old Fire Hall
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
The building was constructed in 1884 and the first fire chief was G.W. Alexander (1882-1894). Water used by the station was stored in eighteen foot pits on certain streets. The building also housed the Chief of Police, City Clerk, Assessors and Collectors of Taxes, and the council chambers. It was demolished in 1911 and replaced by the new Brandon Central Fire Station.
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Clark J. Smith Studio
Physical description area
8" x 10" (b/w), reprint.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Donated to the Daly House Museum by the Assiniboine Historical Society in 1986.
Scope and content
Photograph of the original Brandon Fire Hall at 637 Princess Avenue. The image shows a three-horse ladder wagon with the ladder raised up to the station's tower.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Negative available at the Daly House Museum.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.