Title and statement of responsibility area
Oakville, St Luke fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA DRL OW.065
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
4 cm textual material
4 still images
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The parish of St Luke, Oakville was formed by the Right Reverend Robert Machray on 11 April 1900. The first services were held in the local schoolhouse until a church was built that same summer. The first service held in the church was on 22 July 1900. A chancel was added shortly after the church's construction. In 1991, St Luke's Church was demolished, to make room for a new structure. The last service was held in July 1991. The new church was opened for service on 11 December 1992. The church was consecrated 22 October 1995. Throughout its history, St Luke, Oakville has been associated with a number of parishes. In the early days, St Luke shared a priest with St Margaret, High Bluff (OW.039) and Holy Trinity, Elm Creek. (OW.023). In later years, arrangements were made with Poplar Point, St Anne (OW.073), Westbourne, St George (OW.102), Baie St Paul, St Paul (OW.004), Portage la Prairie, St Mary la Prairie (OW.074) and Kelvin, St Matthew (OW.044). At the time of description, St Luke, Oakville and St Anne, Poplar Point share a priest.
Parish to Diocese in 1984 and 1998.
Scope and content
The records of St Luke, Oakville include: Canonical Documents (1900-1995); Titles (1900-1991); Blueprints and Plans (1921-1991); Sacramental Register (1904-1963); Record of Service Book (1909-1946); still images (c.1991). Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Canonical Documents, Titles, Blueprints and Plans, Research and the Sacramental Register are located in the Upper Vault. The Record of Service Book is held in the Lower Vault. Still images are filed by title in the Still Images - Rural Parish Collection.
Availability of other formats
Parish Registers are also available on microfilm reel #7.
Restrictions on access
Use of Parish Registers is limited to Archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See also the Parish Registers of Portage la Prairie, St Mary (OW.074).
Further accruals expected.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Portage la Prairie, St Mary la Prairie (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description