Title and statement of responsibility area
Oakbank Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1987 - 34; 1999 - 59
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1878 - 1918 (Creation)
Physical description area
3 folders, 2 volumes textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Sunnyside was the name originally applied to the Dugald area as it was the name of the first post office in what is now the village of Dugald; as the village grew it became known as North Plympton(and then later, as Dugald). The Sunnyside name then came to be identified with the Oakbank area ca. 1885. The first meetings of what was known as the Sunnyside Presbyterian congregation were held in 1873 in the home of a Mr. George Miller and conducted by Professor Hart of Manitoba College as well students. The first church was in use by 1880. In 1901, the church was moved into the village. Other communities that appear in the Communion Roll after 1900 include Garson, Klondike, Cloverleaf and Hazelridge. The congregation was known as Sunnyside Presbyterian until ca. 1906, when the name changed to Oakbank Presbyterian Church. Dugald and Oakbank united into one field in 1911. In 1925, Oakbank Presbyterian Church officially joined The United Church of Canada to become Oakbank United Church.
The records of Sunnyside/ Oakbank Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Dugald Pastoral charge in 1987 and 1999.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Sunnyside/ Oakbank Presbyterian Church include: records of Annual and Special Congregational meetings including minutes (1878-1900, 1918); records of the Managing Committee, including minutes (1878-1900); records of the treasurer, including an account book (1882-1917); records of the Session, including minutes (1878-1893).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of Oakbank United Church for additional records pertaining to Oakbank Presbyterian Church. The records of Oakbank Presbyterian have also been described as part of the Oakbank Pastoral charge.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description