Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital/Health Sciences Centre

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital/Health Sciences Centre

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[1886] - present

History

The Winnipeg General Hospital School of Nursing was established on 1 November 1887 in order to train women who wished to became nurses. The Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital School of Nursing was founded in 1904 and three years later they published the first Nurses' Alumnae Journal.

In 1975, with the amalgamation of Winnipeg General Hospital, the Children's Hospital of Winnipeg and the Manitoba Rehabilitation Hospital, which created Health Sciences Centre, the Winnipeg General Hospital School of Nursing became the Health Sciences Centre School of Nursing and the Alumnae Association changed it's name to the Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital/Health Sciences Centre. In 1993 the School of Nursing closed and, after a two year collaborative programme with the University of Manitoba, all nursing students became part of the Faculty of Nursing.

Places

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Health Sciences Centre Archives/Museum

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created 6 June 2011

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places