Title and statement of responsibility area
Niverville United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1892 - 2002 (Creation)
Physical description area
.5 m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Niverville United has existed in the Manitoba community of Niverville since 1925. Its predecessor was Niverville Presbyterian Church, built in 1907. In 1925, Niverville was part of the Union Point Pastoral charge with the student miniters, Rev. W. Hughes presiding. The church was moved onto a basement foundation in 1957. Around this time, Steinbach United Church joined the Pastoral charge and Niverville, Otterburne and Steinbach became known as the Waldon charge, after a United Church missionary doctor. The name of the Pastoral charge changed to Steinbach- Niverville in 1969. Otterburne closed in 1964 and merged with Niverville in 1966. An addition to the church was built in 1974. At the time of description, Niverville is a single-point pastoral charge in Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of Niverville United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Steinbach-Niverville Pastoral charge, one being in 1988, and another being in 2006.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Niverville United Church include: Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1885-1960), Marriages (1955-1956), and Burials (1892-1959); these also include records pertaining to the Congregational Roll (1906-1909, 1920, and 1946-1949), Receipts and Disbursements (1917-1949), Roll of Officers (1906), Roll of Pastors (1906-1959), Roll of Managers (1918-1923), and Roll of Members (1899-1960); Financial Records, including cash books (1958-1974, 1988-1994); Records of the Congregation, including correspondence and loan/mortgage papers (1967-1989); Records of the Session and Congregational Membership, including minutes of the Board of Elders (1960-2001); records of the Board and Committees, including minutes of the meetings of the Board (1918-2002) and Annual meetings (1918-1958, 1970-1980 and 1989-2002); records of the Stewards and Property Management, including a cemetery ledger (1980), minutes (1960-1973), and correspondence (1975-1976); Records of Lay Associations, including Ladies Aid Minutes (1924-1933, 1938-1959), Ladies Aid receipts and disbursements (1924-1933, 1938-1959), Woman's Auxiliary minutes and roll (1959-1961), and U.C.W. minutes and roll (1961-1971).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
- Selkirk Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description