Title and statement of responsibility area
Niverville Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1893 - 1925 (Creation)
Physical description area
3 folders textual material.
5 volumes textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Niverville Presbyterian Church began as a mission field in the late 1870's served by the Rev. Alexander McFarlane from Clearspring. Once Niverville received its own student minister, services were held in a small log house until they moved into the new schoolhouse in 1885. In 1891, Union Point, Royal (later known as Glenlea), and Niverville joined together as one charge. By 1905, the three-point charge now included Niverville, Glenlea and Grand Pointe. Niverville Presbyterian Church was built in 1907 and officially opened October 18 of that year. Around 1910, St. Nicholas (Otterburne West) joined the charge. Eventually services were discontinued at Glenlea and Grand Point and by 1914, Niverville was a one-point charge. Union Point joined Niverville with Avonlea in 1922. In 1925, the congregation officially joined The United Church of Canada to become Niverville United Church.
The records of Niverville Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfer of records from the Steinbach-Niverville charge, one being in 1988.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Niverville Presbyterian church include: records of the Board and Committees, including receipts and disbursements (1893-1915); records of the Sabbath School, including registers (1920-1925); records of Congregational activities, including missionary reports (1905-1913), and correspondence (1905-1918).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Related material: See the Private Register of Rev. Thomas Hart for entries including Niverville and Union Point for Baptisms dating from 1892 to 1910 and Niverville for Marriages dating from 1890 - 1911.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Rev. Thomas Hart (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description