Fonds BC-513, R88, pp. 1-482 - Niverville Mennonite Brethren Church, Niverville, Manitoba fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Niverville Mennonite Brethren Church, Niverville, Manitoba fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS BC-513, R88, pp. 1-482

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1933-1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 cm of textual records
1 microfilm reel

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Niverville Mennonite Brethren Church began in 1929 when recent Mennonite immigrants from Russia settled in Niverville and organized an official fellowship. At first both Mennonite Brethren and General Conference Mennonite families met together in the Niverville United Church. Later the group met at the John Friesen home and in the Lutheran church. Teachers assisted with the preaching ministry. In 1937, a lot in town was donated for a church building. The first building was built during the 1940's. In 1970, a new building with a 320 seat capacity was completed. The leaders of the church included: Abram J. Janzen (1929-ca.1932), Franz Gunther (ca.1932-1933), Jacob. P. Epp (1934-1937), William W. Dyck (1939-1955), David Dick (1956-1963), Heinrich Regehr (1964), William W. Dyck (1965-1968), Abe Konrad (1973-1984), Victor Toews (1985), Henry Regier (1986-1998).

Custodial history

Some of the records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of membership records, congregational and council meeting minutes, historical information and weekly bulletins.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series description and a file list are available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres