Fonds 90 - 18 - Newbridge United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Newbridge United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA UCA 90 - 18

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1918 - 1963 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Newbridge Presbyterian Church was built in 1899 in the Manitoba community then known as Langside then renamed Newbridge. The church was built largely in part to Reverend G. Faryon who devoted substantial time to securing funds for construction as well as doing a significant amount of construction himself. The church was dedicated in the fall of 1899. Reverend G. Faryon presided over a field that included points at Newbridge, Greenridge, Ridgeville and Woodmore. In 1921 a Local Union was formed between the Presbyterians in Newbridge and Greenridge and the Methodists from Ridgeville and Woodmore. In 1925, the Union church formally joined The United Church of Canada and became part of Greenridge Pastoral charge, with Ridgeville and Woodenore. At this time, the field was led by Rev. G.D. Robinson. Dominion City was added to the charge in 1932. In 1959, the Emerson-Dominion City Pastoral charge was formed when Emerson, Letellier and Marais joined the five point charge. In May 1965 the congregation of Newbridge United Church amalgamated with Greenridge-Woodmore. Closing services were held 20 June 1965. The church building was sold in 1969.

Custodial history

The records of Newbridge United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Greenridge United Church in 1990.

Scope and content

The records of Newbridge United Church held at the conference archives include: Communion Roll and Registers (1918 - 1963) and records of the Session (1958 - 1961).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also Emerson United Church and Valley Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to Newbridge United Church.

Related materials


No further accruals are expected

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres