Nesbitt United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Nesbitt United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Nesbitt United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Nesbitt, south of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Oakland, from 1925 to 1992. Its predecessor was Nesbitt Presbyterian Church built in 1892 and dedicated on October 29 of that year. The Rev. C. Whiting, who had served as Presbyterian minister since 1921, remained on the charge as a United Church minister. Before Union in 1925, the charge was connected to Rounthwaite, but then became part of the charge known as Carroll, Nesbitt and Berbank. It was later also connected with Hayfield and Carroll. Nesbitt joined the Wawanesa - Brandon Hills charge when the Carroll church closed in 1955. Berbank amalgamated with Nesbitt after their church closed in 1966. Nesbitt United Church closed after their Centennial service on July 5, 1992, and was sold a year later to the Nesbitt Community Club.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places