Fonds Acc: Unknown - Neepawa Methodist Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Neepawa Methodist Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: Unknown

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1888 - 1925 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

18 cm textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Neepawa Methodist Church existed in the Manitoba community of Neepawa, located northeast of Brandon, from 1881 to 1925. It was originally part of the Salisbury Mission, which was later renamed the Neepawa Mission. Neepawa joined the circuit in 1882, and the name of the circuit was changed to Neepawa. By 1883, the circuit included Neepawa, Franklin, Arden, Kelwood, Eden and Glendale. By 1899, the Neepawa Mission had no other preaching points. The first church was built on the corner of Ellen Street and Walker Avenue in 1881 during Rev. G.K. Adams' Pastorate. It was replaced by another church in 1892, and a balcony was added in 1923. In 1925, Neepawa Methodist Church and 107 members of the Presbyterian Church officially joined the United Church of Canada and became Neepawa United Church.

Custodial history

The date and provenance of the records of Neepawa Methodist Church are unknown.

Scope and content

The records of the Neepawa Methodist Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1891-1925), Marriages (1890-1924), and Burials (1890-1903, 1908-1911, 1915-1919); Circuit Register (1908-1925); financial records (1910, 1914-1925); records of the Sunday School (1888-1892, 1899-1900); records of the Ladies Aid (1913-1924); records of the Social League (1902-1913); records of the Class Leaders Meetings (1896-1901); records of the Epworth League (1913-1914); records of the congregation (1920-1925).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See the fonds description of Neepawa Methodist Church that is part of the Gladstone Pastoral charge. See also the records of the Neepawa United Church for further material pertaining to Neepawa Methodist Church.

Associated material: Neepawa United Church still holds some other material pertaining to Neepawa Methodist Church in its own archives. A copy of the inventory is available.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres