Title and statement of responsibility area
Napinka United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 79-9; 83-7; 91-13
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
34 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Napinka United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Napinka, located northwest of Deloraine in the Rural Municipality of Brenda, from 1925 to 1996. Its predecessors were Napinka Presbyterian Church and Zion Methodist Church, who formed a Local Union in 1917. The former Zion Methodist church continued to be used as Napinka United Church. The former Presbyterian Church, built in 1895, was rented to the Napinka School Board. In 1925, Napinka was in a pastoral charge with Bernice and Purple Hill. Rev. G.F. Denyes was the first United minister. In 1933 a joint Board Meeting was held with Napinka and Medora to work out an agreement for sharing the minister's services. This arrangement continued until 1938. A 1943 proposal to have the Melita minister give service was rejected by the congregation but it occurred soon after and lasted several years. By 1950 Napinka was joined with the Melita Charge. Napinka United Church closed in 1998.
The records of Napinka United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records form the Melita Pastoral charge in 1979; Doug Flanders in 1983 and Napinka United Church in 1991.
Scope and content
The records of Napinka United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental register pertaining to Baptisms (1895-1947, 1961-1975), Marriages (1896-1957,1961-1968) and Burials (1895-1951,1961-1976); records of the Session (1960); records of the congregation (1963-1976, 1982); records of the Provisional Committee (1917-1943); Circuit Register (1892-1938); records of the United Church Women (1954-1976); financial records (1921-1957, 1970 - 1980); records of the C.G.I.T. (1954-1959); records of the Young People's Society (1931-1932); records of the Senior Mission Band (1939); Baptism certificate stubs [1956-1959]; records of the Woman's Auxiliary (1938-1959); records of the Board of Stewards (undated); Membership Roll; and personal records of Rev. Matthew Robinson.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Melita Pastoral charge fonds for other material pertaining to Napinka United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description