Fonds BF516b; Microfilm: R14, pp. 702-858. - Mullingar Mennonite Brethren Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Mullingar Mennonite Brethren Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS BF516b; Microfilm: R14, pp. 702-858.

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1927-1947 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description


  • 10 cm of textual records

microfilm reel

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Mullingar Mennonite Brethren Church, located in northern Saskatchewan, was a member of the Canadian Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches, Rosthern District. On December 11, 1927 Mennonite Brethren farmers on C.P.R. land at Mullingar and Mayfair met to organize. Martin Unruh was chosen to be the leader of 25 charter members. A church building was erected in 1928. Church leaders were: Martin K. Unruh (1927-1931), J.J. Klassen (1931-1932), F.P. Froese (1932-1937) and B.J. Derksen (1937-1953). In 1947 the church had 16 members. The church register shows that four members transferred to British Columbia and two members transferred to Manitoba in 1948. In 1955 the leader B.J. Derksen reported to the Northern District Conference that people had moved away except for two families. There had been no services in the past year. Derksen himself wanted to transfer to the Glenbush M.B. Church. The Conference declared Mullingar dissolved. The membership and family register shows that over the course of time 66 members were registered in the Mullingar M.B. Church.

Custodial history

Many of the records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. The textual records came to the Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies in 1996 from the Bethany Bible School in Saskatchewan where they had been housed.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of the following series: Minutes of congregational meetings, membership and family records. Although the church closed in 1955 the records in this fonds extend only to 1947.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series description and file list available.

Online version of finding aid available at: http://mbconf.ca/mbstudies/guide/sk/mullin.htm

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Language of material note

Mainly German.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres