Fonds Acc: Unknown - Mountain Gap United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Mountain Gap United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: Unknown

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1908-1952 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Mountain Gap United Church existed in Mountain Gap, Manitoba, located southeast of Roblin, from 1925 to 1955. Mountain Gap was formerly on a Methodist circuit, named the Mountain Gap Mission Circuit before it was renamed the Tamarisk circuit in 1918. It was organized in July 1907 by J.J. Stewart. At the time of Union in 1925, Reverend Stewart took the Grandview West Pastorate, which included Duck Mountain, Riverview, Mountain Gap and Halton. Pleasant Valley and Ottawa were added later. Other points included the field at some point were Blackstone, Rose Ridge and Mossvale. Mountain Gap closed in 1955 before the Grandview West Pastorate disbanded in 1958.

Custodial history

The records of Mountain Gap United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Grandview Pastoral charge.

Scope and content

The records of Mountain Gap United Church held at the conference archives include a Circuit Register (1908-1952) and an Account Book (1934-1948).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres