Fonds OW.059 - Morris, All Saints fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Morris, All Saints fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL OW.059

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1879-1921, 1998 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

6.5cm of textual records
1 colour photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Anglican services in Morris began in 1879. The church was built completed in 1881 and a missionary appointed. The Parish of All Saints, Morris was formed on 29 July 1887 by Archbishop Machray. The church was consecrated 1 May 1892, by Archbishop Machray. Documents for another consecration, dated 15 March 1903 are signed by Bishop Grisdale of Qu' Appelle. Following the union of the local Presbyterian and Methodist congregations, the Anglicans voted to join the United Church of Morris The last service was held in All Saints on 27 June 1917. The building was sold for $2000.00 to the Lutheran congregation. It was later demolished in 1968.

Custodial history

Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Canonical Documents (1887-1903); Sacramental Register (1879-1920); Record of Service books (1905-1921); still image; Research File.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

The Sacramental Register is located in the Upper Vault. The remaining files and bound volumes are held in the Lower Vault. The still image is filed by title and held in the Still Images - Rural Parish Collection.

Availability of other formats

Microfilm. Reel #7 of parish register

Restrictions on access

Use of parish registers limited to archives staff only. No other restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

None

Language of material note

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres