Title and statement of responsibility area
Minnedosa United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 86-29; 2005-17
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
25 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Minnedosa United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Minnedosa, located west of Winnipeg, since 1925. Its predecessor was Knox Presbyterian Church. Presbyterians and Methodists continued to worship in their separate buildings until September 4, 1927 when the Presbyterian Church began being used as the United Church. Rev. H. Dodd was the first United Church minister. The Presbyterian Church and the Methodist parsonage were used. The Presbyterian manse was sold after 1928. In 1928 the Masonic Lodge purchased the Tilston Street Methodist Church. It was sold again in 1963 and became Calvary Church. On February 12, 2006, Minnedosa United Church was destroyed by fire. The congregation began to rebuild in 2009. A dedication service was held June 13, 2010 to celebrate the church's re-opening. Minnedosa United Church is a single-point pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Minnedosa United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from Rev. Walker in 1986 and from Knox United Church in 2005.
Scope and content
The records of Minnedosa United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1925-1960), Marriages (1919-1960) and Burials (1930-1960); Communion Roll and Register (1913-1933); Historic Rolls (1934-1971); Circuit Register (1905-1932); records of the congregation (1969-1979); records of the Session (1963-1976); records of the W.M.S. (1906-1959); records of the Woman's Association (1937-1961); records of the Board of Managers/congregation (1907-1927); records of the Official Board/congregation (1928-1940); records of the Official Board/ Trustees/congregation (1948-1955); records of the congregation (1930-1931); records of the Trustees (1959-1962); records of the Session (1910-1953); and records of the U.C.W. (1962-1967, 1982-1993).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description