Title and statement of responsibility area
Miniota United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 volume textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Miniota United Church has existed in the community of Miniota, Manitoba. Located south of Birtle, since 1925. It was preceeded by a Local Union church, which was formed in 1917. Officiating over this Union church was Reverend Andrew Moffat. A Union Sunday School was organized in 1922. In 1925, Miniota Union Church became Miniota United Church. At Union, the charge included Miniota, Arrow River, Glenlochar and Two Creeks. Following Glenlochar's closure in 1929 the charge became known as the Miniota, Arrow River, Two Creeks Pastoral Charge until 1936 when it became the Miniota Pastoral Charge. Crandall briefly joined the Miniota Pastoral charge from 1936 to 1938 while their minister was ill and until other arrangements could be made. In 1952 a four point charge was created consisting of Miniota, Isabella Arrow River and Beulah to form the Miniota-Arrow River Pastoral charge. Arrow River's congregation amalgamated with Miniota in 1969. Also that year, the Birtle-Miniota Wider Parish was formed and consisted of Isabella, Birtle, Miniota and Beulah. After Beulah's closure in 1972, the Parish remained as a three-point charge. The former Methodist church was used as a Masonic Hall. The United Church congregation utilized the former Presbyterian Church structure until 1985 when a new United Church was erected in Miniota. At the time of description, Miniota is a part of the Birtle-Miniota Pastoral charge in the Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of the Miniota United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Birtle United Church congregation in 1991.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Miniota United Church include a Communion Roll and Register (1954-1977).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of the Miniota Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to Miniota United Church.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Miniota Pastoral charge (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description