Title and statement of responsibility area
Miniota Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 03-16
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 volume textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Miniota Methodist Church was active in the Manitoban community of Miniota, located south of Birtle, from 1883 to 1922. In 1890 Miniota was listed on a Methodist circuit along with Beulah, Blaris, Ethel, Arrow River and Carlingville. In 1897 Arrowton was added and Crandall joined the field in 1901. A Methodist church was built in 1901 and the circuit was reorganized in 1902 with Reverend S.W.L. Stewart officiating. This time the field consisted of Miniota, Beulah, Blaris, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. The field was technically divided in 1904 but all points still received service. The field was renamed the Miniota Circuit in 1907 and the mission included Miniota, Blaris, Beulah, and Brighton. Isabella was added in 1911. A Local Union was formed between Miniota's Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1922 before officially joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. Following Union, the Methodist church was used as a Masonic Hall.
The records of the Miniota Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Birtle-Miniota Wider Parish in 2003.
Scope and content
The records of the Miniota Presbyterian Church held at the conference archives include a Communion Roll (1911-1922).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: Additional records pertaining to the Miniota Presbyterian Church can be found in the records of the Miniota United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Miniota United Church (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description