Fonds Acc: 03-16 - Miniota Methodist Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Miniota Methodist Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 03-16

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1907-1922 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Miniota Methodist Church was active in the Manitoban community of Miniota, located south of Birtle, from 1883 to 1922. In 1890 Miniota was listed on a Methodist circuit along with Beulah, Blaris, Ethel, Arrow River and Carlingville. In 1897 Arrowton was added and Crandall joined the field in 1901. A Methodist church was built in 1901 and the circuit was reorganized in 1902 with Reverend S.W.L. Stewart officiating. This time the field consisted of Miniota, Beulah, Blaris, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. The field was technically divided in 1904 but all points still received service. The field was renamed the Miniota Circuit in 1907 and the mission included Miniota, Blaris, Beulah, and Brighton. Isabella was added in 1911. A Local Union was formed between Miniota's Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1922 before officially joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. Following Union, the Methodist church was used as a Masonic Hall.

Custodial history

The records of the Miniota Methodist Circuit came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario part of a transfer of records from the Birtle-Miniota Wider Parish in 2003.

Scope and content

The records of the Miniota Methodist Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1922), Marriages (1913-1921), Burials (1913-1922); and a Circuit Register (1907-1922).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres