Miniota Methodist Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Miniota Methodist Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Miniota Methodist Church was active in the Manitoban community of Miniota, located south of Birtle, from 1883 to 1922. In 1890 Miniota was listed on a Methodist circuit along with Beulah, Blaris, Ethel, Arrow River and Carlingville. In 1897 Arrowton was added and Crandall joined the field in 1901. A Methodist church was built in 1901 and the circuit was reorganized in 1902 with Reverend S.W.L. Stewart officiating. This time the field consisted of Miniota, Beulah, Blaris, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. The field was technically divided in 1904 but all points still received service. The field was renamed the Miniota Circuit in 1907 and the mission included Miniota, Blaris, Beulah, and Brighton. Isabella was added in 1911. A Local Union was formed between Miniota's Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1922 before officially joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. Following Union, the Methodist church was used as a Masonic Hall.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places