Miami United Church fonds

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Miami United Church fonds

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Miami United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Miami, located 100 kilometres southwest of Winnipeg in the Rural Municipality of Thompson, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union which formed in 1924, encompassing Knox Presbyterian (formerly known as Chalmers Presbyterian Church), Miami Methodist, Rosebank Presbyterian, Agar Methodist, and Dunstan Methodist Churches. The former Miami Presbyterian Church, built in 1889, continued to be used. After officially joining The United Church of Canada in 1925, the Miami field was presided over by Rev. W.O. Fryer. Rosebank was included in the charge as well. Church remodelling took place in 1928. Following years brought more church property repairs, a new organ, and plumbing for the manse. At the time of description, the Miami Pastoral charge is part of the Agassiz Presbytery and includes points at Miami, Altamont and Swan Lake.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC