Title and statement of responsibility area
Medora United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 89 - 23
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Medora United Church in Medora, Manitoba, located northwest of Deloraine in the Rural Municipality of Brenda, opened in 1925. Reverend Andrews presided over the first services. The church was built in 1903 by the Methodists. An oil furnace was installed in 1952. According to presbytery minutes, Medora amalgamated with the Napinka United Church in 1932. The charge at the time consisted of the congregations from Medora, Napinka, Purple Hill, and Bernice with Reverend E.S. Dixon officiating. In 1940, this amalgamation was discontinued, and Medora formed a two-point charge with the Otter congregation. In 1942, Medora amalgamated with the Deloraine United Church and Otter was closed. According to the United Church Yearbook, however, Medora is listed on the charge with Napika, Purple Hill and Bernice until 1953 when Medora and Deloraine formed a three-point charge with the Otter congregation. In 1996, Medora United closed its doors. The last service was held 3 November, 1996. The members of Medora's congregation divided themselves among Melita and Deloraine.
The records of Medora United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Deloraine Pastoral charge in 1989.
Scope and content
The records of Medora United Church held at the conference archives include a Sacramental Register (1941-1962) and records of the Joint Official Board (1954-1981).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
No further accruals expected.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description