Meadow Lea Presbyterian Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Meadow Lea Presbyterian Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Meadow Lea Presbyterian Church existed in the Manitoba community of Meadow Lea, northwest of Winnipeg in the Rural Municipality of Woodlands, from the time it first appeared as a congregation in 1886 until 1925. It was part of the Poplar Point charge. In 1891, a piece of land on the southeast corner of the SE 1/4 30 - 13 - 2W was bought from the North British Canadian Company for a church site. The church was dedicated on July 14, 1891. A missionary by the name of Rev. Acheson was the first minister of the new church. The local Anglican congregation used this church on alternating Sundays from 1893 to 1900. In 1925, Meadow Lea Presbyterian Church and Meadow Lea Methodist Church joined the United Church of Canada to become Meadow Lea United Church. The former Presbyterian church continued to be used for worship.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places