Sous-fonds SF4 - McKinnon Guild

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

McKinnon Guild

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Object
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Sous-fonds

Reference code

CA HSCA/M F5-SF4

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1929 - 2013 (Creation)
    Creator
    McKinnon Guild of the Children's Hospital, Winnipeg

Physical description area

Physical description

25.9 cm of textual records
5 artifacts
114 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1929 - 2010)

Administrative history

Founded in 1929, the McKinnon Guild of the Children’s Hospital of Winnipeg was formed to commemorate the memory of the late Dr. Frank L. McKinnon. Consisting originally of fifteen volunteer members, the guild contributed to the continued success of the Children’s Hospital by rolling bandages, marking linens, and sorting tin-foil; a project that continued up until the beginning of World War II.
In 1953, the McKinnon Guild opened a shop on Osborne Street, selling nearly new merchandise donated by members in order to fund their continuing activities. This shop has changed locations several times throughout the year, including locations on Sherbrook Street as well as Portage Avenue, where it currently resides.
In 2010, the five Guilds of the Children’s Hospital of Winnipeg – St. Agnes, St. John’s, Annie A. Bond, McKinnon, and Chown – amalgamated into a single entity to create the Children’s Hospital Guild of Manitoba.

Custodial history

Records for the Sous-Fonds were received from the McKinnon Guild via Marie Alice Grassick.

Scope and content

Sous-fonds consists of loose minutes, several revisions of the guild bylaws, financial records, membership lists, shop reports, newsletters, and documents detailing the history of the guild. Miscellaneous records are a small number of artifacts.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Boxes containing McKinnon Guild records are located in Bay 2 of Range 1, Shelf 5

General note

Accession G2011/1, G2011/7, G2012/2, 2014_06, 2014_12

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created 28 July 2015
Revised 26 June 2017

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres