Title and statement of responsibility area
McDougall Memorial Methodist Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 81-29
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
4 vol + 1 folder textual material, other materials
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
McDougall Memorial Methodist Church existed in Winnipeg from 1884 to 1925. The predecessors of McDougall Methodist Church were McDougall Mission and Winnipeg Mission. The McDougall Mission originated in 1884 just north of the CPR depot, and was named after the distinguished Methodist pioneer, Rev. George McDougall. In 1887, McDougall moved its building from its original location to a new site at 899 Main Street and an addition was added. From 1887 until 1889, McDougall Methodist Church was joined with the Fort Rouge Methodist Church as part of the 'Winnipeg Mission'. The minister of the Winnipeg Mission, Enos Langford, was shared by McDougall and Fort Rouge until 1889, when each church became an independent station and received their own ministers. McDougall Mission became known as 'McDougall Memorial Methodist Church' in 1890. McDougall Memorial Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, becoming McDougall United Church.
The records of McDougall Memorial Methodist Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1981.
Scope and content
The surviving records of McDougall Memorial Methodist Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1900-1912, Marriages, 1905-1910, and Burials, 1900; records pertaining to the Quarterly Official Board, including minutes, 1909-1923; records pertaining to Christian Education, including financial records, 1896-1922; records pertaining to the Board of Trustees and church property, including minutes, correspondence and property documents, 1896-1925; and reference material, including an inscribed trowel c.1891.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid and item level inventory available.
Related material: See records of McDougall United Church for records pertaining to McDougall Memorial Methodist Church dating from 1910.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description