Series S10 - Marketing

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Marketing

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Reference code

CA HSCA/M F3-SF15-S10

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1995 - 1996 (Creation)
    Creator
    Department of Biomedical Communications

Physical description area

Physical description

0.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(2009)

Administrative history

The department was founded in 1932, when William Doern, former technical coordinator of the X-Ray Department, began to take pictures of clinical specimens on a volunteer basis after hours. Doctors found his pictures very useful and Dr. Doern began to use colour and was able to produce transparencies of the eye and other pictures that were better than the drawings then available. Dr. Bell felt that many of these would be of interest to the public and showed them to the various groups in the city demonstrating their value in teaching medical students. As a result, he received donations of about $2,000 with which to buy camera equipment.
Soon the fledgling photography department was being asked to produce more work than could possibly be handled by volunteer labour. A qualified photographer was then hired on a part time basis. The Medical Photography Department was initially set up under the jurisdiction of the University of Manitoba, Faculty of Medicine but was transferred to the Winnipeg General Hospital in 1953.
In 1989, the department was renamed Biomedical Communications to illustrate its range of services The Biomedical Communications department’s mission was to inform and educate by increasing awareness and comprehension of clients goals and objectives through the services offered.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series consists of records from the Marketing Committee of the Biomedical Communications department. Includes client surveys and results, and notes on how to market their services to outside agencies.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres