Fonds Ex-84 - Maple Street Mission fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Maple Street Mission fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex-84

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1900-1920 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 vol textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Maple Street Mission existed in Winnipeg from 1901 until 1925. Maple Street Mission served as a branch of All Peoples' Mission from 1901 until 1917, and existed primarily as an independent station from 1917 to 1925. In 1901, All Peoples' bought a church structure from the Congregationalists on Maple Street, located between Higgins and MacDonald. The Maple Street church structure came under the direction of superintendent Rev. R. Morrison and the name 'Maple Street Mission' was adopted. Maple Street Mission served as the original branch mission of All Peoples, and was eventually joined by other mission centres on Stella Avenue, Burrows Avenue and Sutherland. In 1917, Maple Street Mission became an independent station separate from All Peoples', though it was temporarily joined with Kildonan in 1919. From 1920 until 1924, Maple Street came under the direction of Immigration Chaplains, E. Chambers and John Maclean, respectively. After church union in 1925, Maple Street Mission united with Point Douglas United Church

Custodial history

The records of the Maple Street Mission came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records around 1970.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Maple Street Mission include a Sacramental Register, pertaining to Baptisms, 1900-1920, Marriages, 1902-1919, and Burials, 1904-1919.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related material: See records of All Peoples' Mission for records pertaining to Maple Street Mission dating from 1908.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres