Fonds MC - Manitoba College fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Manitoba College fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA UWA MC

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1872 - 1940 (Production)
    Producteur
    Manitoba College

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

7.0 m of textual records and two cloth hoods

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1871-1938)

Histoire administrative

Manitoba College was founded by the Presbytarian minister Dr. John Black in the Kildonan school, “Nisbet Hall,” on what is now the east side of Main Street just past Chief Peguis Trail, with seventeen students in its first year. It was one of the first three colleges to be incorporated in the University of Manitoba, including St. Boniface College and St. John's College, in 1877. Manitoba College taught Arts and Theology, and in 1882, opened the doors of its newly constructed college building on Ellice Avenue. In 1913, due to their long co-operation and the proximity of their sites, Manitoba College entered into an experimental partnership with Wesley College called the United Colleges; however in 1914 they returned to independence and Manitoba College gave up instruction in Arts. In 1931, due to financial constraints, they sold their building to St. John's and rented back space there and with Wesley College. Finally, in 1938, Manitoba College formally joined with Wesley College and became a single institution, United College.

Historique de la conservation

The records in this fonds were originally accumulated in the Manitoba College library until their building was sold to St. Paul’s College in 1931. At that time its library materials were transferred to Wesley College and stored in various locations on campus. Between 1980 and 1984, Shirley Payment and Delza Longman consolidated the archival records on campus in the University of Winnipeg Library and arranged the Manitoba College records into this fonds.

Portée et contenu

Records in this fonds were generated through the administration of Manitoba College, including its teaching faculty, governing bodies, and committees. They include student records, financial records, minutes, correspondence, and issues of the College’s periodical, Manitoba College Journal. Fonds is arranged in nineteen series.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Final

Niveau de détail

Complet

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Entry created 8 April 2019 -- Daniel Matthes

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés