Fonds Acc: 1996 -11 - Makaroff United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Makaroff United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 1996 -11

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1915 - 1975 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 volumes, 1 folder textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Makaroff United Church, located in Makaroff, Manitoba in the Rural Municipality of Shell River, was founded in 1925. It was formed out of a Local Union between Makaroff's Methodist and Presbyterian congregations. The former Presbyterian church continued to be used for worship. The field at the time of formal union with The United Church of Canada included points at Makaroff, Deepdale and Silverwood with Rev. W.J. Rayner presiding. In 1950, Makaroff entered into a relationship with Togo, Saskatchewan and the charge was known as Togo-Makaroff. Around 1962 Makaroff became part of the Kamsack, Saskatchewan field. While in a relationship with Saskatchewan charges, Makaroff was part of the Saskatchewan Conference. In 1966 the Makaroff United Church joined the Roblin Field and re-joined the Manitoba Conference. At that time the Roblin Field included the preaching pints of Tummel, Roblin and Makaroff. Makaroff United Church closed in November of 1974. In 1975, the building was donated to the Keystone Pioneer Museum (located four miles east of Roblin).

Custodial history

Records of the Makaroff United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as a transfer of records in 1996.

Scope and content

The series consists of documents created by the congregations of the Makaroff United Church and includes the following sub-series: Sacramental Registers, 1915-1960; records of the Session, 1924-1952; records of the Official Board, 1935-1975; and Reference, [before 1974].

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Sub-series description; file lists available.

Associated materials

Associated material: Togo - Makaroff Pastoral Charge; Kamsack (Saskatchewan)

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres