Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UWA 00.045, 00.046, 00.051, 01.008, 03.011, 03.012
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0.24 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
The records in sous-fonds 00.045 and 00.046 were deposited in the Archives by Coreen Koz, University of Winnipeg Associate Librarian after she retired.
The records in sous-fonds 00.051 were created by Coreen Coz while University of Winnipeg Assistant Librarian in the Acquisitions Department. A note in the file indicates that records were found outside of Coreen Coz's office. It is unclear how this accession arrived in the Archives.
The records in sous-fonds 01.008 were kept by Coreen Koz former Associate University Librarian in her office until turned over to the Archives by Anne Cramb.
The records in sous-fonds 03.011 belonged to Coreen Koz's who was the former University of Winnipeg Acting University Librarian and former Associate Librarian. The records were held in collections until offered to the Archives by Anne Cramb.
The records in the sous-fonds 03.012 were formerly Coreen Koz's, retired former Associate University Librarian, before being donated to the Archives by Jane Barske.
Scope and content
• Sous-fonds 00.045 and 00.046 consists of material dealing with Copyright and Intellectual Property including correspondence, reports, publications, and news articles. Also materials related to the Western Canada Pictorial Index including correspondence, reports, summaries, indexes, budgets, discussion notes, and minutes of the WCPI committee. Also consists of University of Winnipeg Manuals and miscellaneous materials including articles, reports about Dr. Marsha P. Hanen, University budget estimates, awards handbooks, and newsletters.
• Sous-fonds 00.051 contains the final draft of the Ten Year Development Plan for the University of Winnipeg Library.
• Sous-fonds 01.008 contains records related to the donation of books to the University of Winnipeg Library, including correspondence to donors, financial notes, appraisals, fact sheet and photocopies of book plates.
• Sous-fonds 03.011 contains records related to library, academic and collections development, brochures and pamphlets of the University of Winnipeg, a report entitled "Ten Year Development Plan for the University of Winnipeg Library (1986-1995), prepared by Dr. W.R. Converse, Chief Librarian, budget estimates, draft of the University of Winnipeg Emergency Response Plan, information on literacy and University of Winnipeg's Trust and Endowment accounts, including general ledger detail trial balances and correspondence.
• Sous-fonds 03.012 contains records related to committee reports of the Senate as well as other related materials of the United College Senate and University of Winnipeg Senate, curriculum records related to various departments, records related to the Collegiate Division, including statistics, a report to the senate and an academic calendar, correspondence, biographical material of local politicians, businessmen and clergymen, admission requirements for high school graduates and mature students, the University Establishment Act, records related to convocation at the University of Winnipeg, including lists of academic awards, scholarships, bursaries, graduating students and a check list and records related to the grading system for the University of Winnipeg.
Immediate source of acquisition
Light rearrangement has been implemented upon the order of the records where original arrangements were absent.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Users must abide by copyright legislation. University of Winnipeg retains copyright on this material. University of Winnipeg waives copyright in most instances.
Uploaded finding aid
Further accruals are expected.
Sous-fonds 03.011 had 0.140 m of duplicate textual records removed.
Sous-fonds 03.012 had 0.003 m of duplicate textual records removed.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Description created 17 June 2019 - Tanya Wiegand