Lyleton United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Lyleton United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Lyleton United Church has existed in Lyleton, Manitoba, located in the Rural Municipality of Edward, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union formed in 1920 between Lyleton's Presbyterians and Methodists, as well as Coulter's Methodist congregation. Lyleton joined The United Church of Canada in 1925. The former Presbyterian church was used to house worship with Reverend J.C. Parker officiating. The field consisted of Lyleton, Coulter and Coultervale. In July 1952, North Antler United Church closed and the congregation joined with Lyleton United. In 1965, Lyleton joined with Pierson to form the Lyleton-Pierson charge, which consisted of Lyleton, Coulter, Coultervale and Pierson. In 1994, the Cornerstone Pastoral, in the Assiniboine Presbytery, charge was founded. Coulter-Coultervale, Lyleton and Pierson were included in the field along with congregations in Goodlands and Waskada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC