Lockport, St Thomas

Identity area

Type of entity


Authorized form of name

Lockport, St Thomas

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The chapel of St Thomas, Lockport was built in 1868. It was originally known as North St Andrew's Chapel and built as a relief to seniors and others who could not walk to the larger St Andrew's-on-the-Red. The current building was completed in 1905 and opened the following year for worship. In 1921, a tower was added with a memorial window for soldiers who were killed in World War One. At the time of description, St Thomas is part of the St Andrew's Ministry Group and shares a priest with St Andrew's-on-the-Red, St Andrew (OW.091) and St Matthew, Cloverdale (OW. 017).


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places