Little Souris United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Little Souris United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Little Souris existed in the southwestern Manitoba community of Little Souris, in the Rural Municipality of Cornwallis, from 1925 to 1968. Its predecessor was a Local Union Church that was originally a Methodist Church. In 1925, when it officially joined the United Church of Canada, it was part of the Beresford Pastoral Charge and had 58 communicants on the Roll. Little Souris United Church continued to be part of the Beresford Pastoral Charge until 1956, when it joined the Carroll Pastoral Charge. The church closed June 30, 1968 with The Rev. A. Keating officiating. Most of the congregation transferred to Central United Church in Brandon and the church was later sold.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places