Title and statement of responsibility area
Little Britain United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78 - 13; 82 - 43; 84 - 28; 86 - 12
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1863 - 1993 (Creation)
Physical description area
1m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Little Britain United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Lockport, originally known as North St. Andrew's, since 1925. Its predecessor was Little Britain Presbyterian, built in 1874 on land donated by the Hudson's Bay Company. Little Britain and Cloverdale were a joint charge between around 1904 until joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. At the time of Union, Rev. J. Knox Clark presided over a field that included Little Britain, Cloverdale and Highland. Little Britain joined with Rivercrest in 1950, the same year that the original manse was demolished. A new church hall was built in 1951. It became a three-point charge when Bird's Hill was added in 1963 and remained so until 1987 when Rivercrest became a separate charge. Since 1992, Little Britain has been a one - point charge in the Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of Little Britain United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Little Britain Pastoral Charge in 1978; 1982; 1984; and 1986.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Little Britain United Church include: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms (1885-1969), Marriages (1884-1983), and Burials (1884-1984); Congregational records (1863-1962); records of the Board of Managers (1912-1932, 1941-1946); records of the Board of Managers/ Stewards (1948-1978); records of the Board of Managers/ Trustees (1951-1965); records of the Unified Board (1978-1980); records of the Session (1875-1963); records of the Annual Meetings, including minutes (1963-1965), a report (1993), and a financial report (1990); a Communion Roll (1903-1962); records of the Treasurer, including accounts books (1912-1967), and an accounts book for the Cemetery Fund (1929-1959); records of the Sunday School Secretary (1950-1959); records of the Ladies Aid, including minutes (1927-1951) and financial records (1926-1950); records of the Ladies Aid / Woman's Auxiliary (W.A.) (1951-1959); records of the Woman's Missionary Society (W.M.S.), including minutes (1933-1956), miscellaneous correspondence (1933-1959) and financial records (1952-1961); records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.) (1959-1969); records of the Junior Ladies Aid (1948-1952); guest books (1949-1965, 1967, and 1975-1983); historical correspondence; architect's papers (1949, 1951); plans of the cemetery (1950); and two history booklets.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description