Little Britain United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Little Britain United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Little Britain United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Lockport, originally known as North St. Andrew's, since 1925. Its predecessor was Little Britain Presbyterian, built in 1874 on land donated by the Hudson's Bay Company. Little Britain and Cloverdale were a joint charge between around 1904 until joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. At the time of Union, Rev. J. Knox Clark presided over a field that included Little Britain, Cloverdale and Highland. Little Britain joined with Rivercrest in 1950, the same year that the original manse was demolished. A new church hall was built in 1951. It became a three-point charge when Bird's Hill was added in 1963 and remained so until 1987 when Rivercrest became a separate charge. Since 1992, Little Britain has been a one - point charge in the Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places