Fonds Volume 337, 338, 424 microfilm reels 52 & 53 - Linden Mennonite Brethren Church Fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Linden Mennonite Brethren Church Fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS Volume 337, 338, 424 microfilm reels 52 & 53

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1948-2005 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

33 cm of textual records
2 microfilm reels

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

This congregation grew out of the Linden Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church which joined the Alberta Mennonite Brethren Conference by conference resolution in December 1946 but it only ratified the change in the congregation by minute at the end of 1947 and the first minute of 1948 refers to itself as a Mennonite Brethren congregation with 56 members. They continued to meet in the meeting house near the rail station. In 1963 they completed a new meeting house in the town of Linden. This meeting house was expanded in 1975. In 2000 the membership stood at 170. The leaders of the congregation were: S. Ratzlaff (1948–1954, 1958, 1960), Peter J. Dörksen (1954–1957, 1959), Wm. E. Thiessen (1961–1964), Rudy Boschmann (1965–1968), David Epp (1969–1980), Arnie Neufeld (1981–1984), Ralph Klassen (1986–1990), Konrad Loewen (2000– ).

Custodial history

Records were transferred to the Centre for MB Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba on a regular basis to 2000. Some records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of brief congregational histories (1963, 1979), congregational directories (1994, 1996), various meeting minutes (1948–2003 with some gaps), congregational financial records (1960–1963), congregational bulletins (1968, 1981–2000), membership and family register (1930–1978),

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

no restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

finding aid consists of a file list

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres