Title and statement of responsibility area
Lena United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 84 - 5; 2006 - 42
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1912- 1969 (Creation)
Physical description area
10 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Lena United Church, existed in the Manitoba community of Lena, located south of Killarney, in the Killarney-Turtle Mountain Municipality, from 1925 to 1968. Its predecessor was a Presbyterian congregation that held services at Lena School. Lena United Church held its first service in its own building on December 7, 1925, making it one of the first United Churches constructed after Union. The field also included Erskine United Church and was presided over by Rev. A. Little. On July 6, 1941 Lena and Erskine joined First and Hullet United Churches to form the Killarney Pastoral charge. The last service held at Lena United Church was on May 5, 1968 with Rev. J.W. Babcock officiating. The building is currently being used as a private residence.
The records of Lena United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records in 1984 and 2006.
Scope and content
The records of Lena United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Board of Stewards and congregational meetings (1921-1961); financial records (1912-1952); records of the Women's Missionary Society (W.M.S.) (1920-1962); and records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.) (1969).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Killarney Pastoral charge fonds for other material pertaining to Lena United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description