Title and statement of responsibility area
Lauder United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78-25; 83-15; 99-2
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.25m textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Lauder United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Lauder, located in the Rural Municipality of Cameron since 1925. It was predecessed by a Local Union formed between Lauder's Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1917. The former Methodist church, built in 1903, was used as Lauder United Church. In 1925, Rev. E.W. Johnson presided over a field that included Lauder, Melgund and Dand. In later years, Lauder became associated with Hartney United Church. At the time of description, Lauder is part of the Hartney-Lauder Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of the Lauder United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Hartney-Lauder charge between 1978 and 1999.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Lauder United Church include: records of Annual Congregational Meetings, including minutes (1923-1941); records pertaining to church property, including correspondence (1951); records of the Ladies Aid Society, including minutes (1917-1932); records of the Women's Missionary Society, including minutes and rolls, (1927-1961); records of the Mission Band, including minutes and roll, (1938-1952); and reference material, including a local history book (1977).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brandon Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description