Title and statement of responsibility area
Langruth United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78-5
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
7 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Langruth United Church was formed in Langruth, Manitoba, located northeast of Neepawa in the Rural Municipality of Lakeview, as a result of a Local Union in 1918 between the community's Methodist and Presbyterian congregations. The church was built in 1910 by the Methodists. In 1923 it was moved into Langruth and enlarged. Later in 1953, a Sunday School room was added and a new chimney was built in 1978. At the time of formal union with the United Church of Canada in 1925, the field included Langruth, Lakeland, Amaranth, Swalley and Leifur with Reverend George W. Langdon officiating. In 1963, Langruth, along with Plumas, Glenella, Alonsa and Amaranth formed the Plumas-Lakeshore Pastoral charge. Amaranth's congregation briefly amalgamated with Langruth in 1975. The arrangement lasted until 1978 when Amaranth reopened. In 1982, the Plumas-Lakeshore was split into two. Langruth, Amaranth and Alonsa formed the Lakeshore charge while Plumas and Glenella were a part of the Plumas charge. In 1993 the field changed again when the Circle Marsh Pastoral charge was created. Preaching points included Langruth, Plumas and Glenella. At the time of description, this arrangement was still in force and the Circle Marsh Pastoral charge is part of the Agassiz Presbytery.
The records of Langruth United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Plumas-Lakeshore Pastoral charge in 1978.
Scope and content
The records of Langruth United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1919-1921, 1923-1928, 1923-1932); Sacramental registers pertaining to Burials (1920-1921, 1924-1928); records of the Board of Management (1911-1918, 1918-1948, 1947-1966); records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.) (1964-1974, 1966-1967); and an Annual Report (1984).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriages and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description