Fonds K.006 - Lac du Bonnet, St. John's fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lac du Bonnet, St. John's fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL K.006

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1906-2018 (Creation)
    Creator
    Lac du Bonnet, St. John's fonds

Physical description area

Physical description

39 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1905-2018)

Administrative history

St. John's began in 1905 with fortnightly services alternating between Whitemouth and Lac du Bonnet by a Wycliffe College student, Mr. W. Ellis. The church was built in 1906 and consecrated on 4 October1908 by the Rt. Rev. J. Lofthouse, bishop of Keewatin. Services continued until its closure on August 24, 2018. The church was deconsecrated on 3 December 2018.

Custodial history

Registers are held at General Synod Archives; after secularization, materials came from the parish to the Diocese of Rupert’s Land Archives.

Scope and content

The records of St. John's parish include Vestry and AGM minutes (1994-2016), finance committee and reports (1960-2014), bequest information (2016), Vestry book (2014-2018), and inventory and property information (1993-2018).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

All files are held in the map room.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

General note

Clergy list:
1905 Mr. W. Ellis, student
1906-1907 The Rev. A. A. Adams
1908, 1909-11 Mr. W. C. Allison, student
1911 Mr. R. E. Lemon, student
1911-1916 The Rev. J. B. Clarke
1916 The Rev. J. B. Clarke
Mr. John Mackie, Lay Reader
The Rev. R. E. Lemon
1918 The Rev. L. A. Todd
1922 Mr. E. R. Adye, student
1922-1930 The Rev. T. H. Broughton
1930-1934 The Rev. A. H. Gibson
1934 Mr. F. H. Downing, catechist
1935-1946 The Rev. S. Richardson
1946 The Rev. E. K. Bissell
1948-1950 The Rev. S. Richardson
1950 Mr. H. W. Brandrick, student
1951 The Rev. E. H. Wallace
1952-1957 The Rev. F. V. Maxwell
1957 Mr. E. Gaston, Lay Reader
1957-1960 The Rev. W. G. Straw
1960-1971 Canon L. C. Fryer
1971-1993 Canon James W. Whitford
1994-1997 The Rev. Joan Mitchell
1997-1998 The Rev. Ron L. Risley, interim
1998-2003 The Rev. Brian Rountree
2003- The Rev. Sandra Tankard

Accompanying material

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres