Fonds Ex-28; 81-16 - Knox United Church (Transcona) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Knox United Church (Transcona) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex-28; 81-16

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1910-1943 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Knox United Church existed in the Winnipeg district of Transcona from 1925 to 1943. The predecessor of Knox United Church was Knox Presbyterian Church. The Knox United congregation utilized the former Knox Presbyterian Church structure erected in 1910 on Harvard Avenue East. In 1938, Suthwyn United Church was closed and the Suthwyn congregation joined Knox United Church of Transcona. Knox United Church amalgamated with Yale Avenue United Church in 1943, becoming Transcona Memorial United Church.

Custodial history

The records of Knox United Church (Transcona) came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records between 1970 and 1981.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Knox United Church (Transcona) are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1920-1940; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including circuit register and minutes, 1911-1943; records of the Official Board, including minutes, 1930-1943; records pertaining to Christian Education, including minutes and financial records, 1923-1943; records pertaining to church property, including financial records, 1910-1942; records pertaining to the Church Choir, including minutes, 1914-1942; records of lay associations, including the Women's Missionary Society and Ladies Aid, 1917-1943; and records of the CGIT, 1927-1931.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres