Title and statement of responsibility area
Kelwood Knox United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 92-31; 2001-18; 2018-11
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
16 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Kelwood Knox United Church has existed in Kelwood, Manitoba, located forty-six kilometers north of Neepawa, since 1925. Before formally joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, a Local Union was forged between the community's Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1919. Rev. Lavender was the first minister of this Union church. Services were held in the former Presbyterian Church. As per the Union agreement made in 1925, Kelwood, Riding Mountain, and Glencairn formed a pastoral charge and Rev. J.E.B. Anderson took over the service. In 1952, Kelwood amalgamated with McCreary. Norgate and Laurier were added to the charge as well. In 1968, closures in Laurier and Norgate left only Kelwood and McCreary on the charge, creating the Kelwood-McCreary Pastoral Charge. In 1993, Alonsa joined with Kelwood and McCreary to form the Alonsa/Kelwood/McCreary Pastoral Charge before closing in 2006.
The records of Knox United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario in a series of transfers of records between 1986 and 2001.
Scope and content
The records of Knox United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptism (1889-1937, 1903-1925, 1929-1935, 1937, 1938-1952, 1945-1955, 1948-1958, 1948-1958, 1959-1972, 1972-1981), Marriage (1905-1938, 1936-1952, 1944-1959, 1945, 1952-1959, 1959-1972, 1972-1980), and Burials (1905-1930, 1945-1958, 1949-1959, 1959-1972, 1972-1980); a Sacramental Register pertaining to Communion (1958-1971); a circuit register (1913-1945); records of the Official Board (1904-1931); annual reports (1979, 1986, 1987); a statistical return (1924-1925); records of the United Church Women (1962-1963, 1980-1981, 1993-1994); minutes of annual meetings (1953-1996); minutes of Committee of Stewards (1931-1996); Congregational minutes (1931-1996); financial records (1931-1952); Women's Organizations (1908-1963); Junior Bible Class Attendance Records (1923-1938); Correspondence, historical notes, recollections (1902, 1935-1936).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description