Title and statement of responsibility area
Roblin Knox United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1996 - 11
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1904 - 1989 (Creation)
Physical description area
14 volumes of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1916, a joint meeting of the Managers of the Presbyterian Church in Roblin and the Official Board of the Methodist Church in Roblin came forth with a recommendation for church union in the Roblin District. The congregations affected by this were Roblin, Tummel, Cromarty and Cranbrook. The arrangement was formalised after a mass meeting of the congregations of both denominations. By the time The United Church of Canada was created in 1925, it was apparent that the Roblin Union Church was too small to meet the needs of the community. That year the first of several extensive renovations of the church building were begun (the others took place in 1958, 1960 and 1974). Lay Associations of the Union and later United Church congregations included the Union Ladies Aid, created from an amalgamation of the Presbyterian Ladies Aid (formed in 1905) and Methodist Willing Workers (formed in 1909). A Roblin Union Woman's Missionary Society was also organised in 1917. In 1947, an 'Evening Guild' of the Ladies Aid was created. All these groups joined together to form the Knox United Church Women in 1962. Groups for young people included Hi-C, C.G.I.T., Sigma-C, Tyros and Messengers.
Records of the Roblin Pastoral Charge came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as a transfer of records in 1996.
Scope and content
The series consists of documents created by the congregations of the Roblin Union-Knox United Church and includes the following sub-series: Sacramental Registers, 1904-1981; records of the Session, 1924-1967; records of the Official Board, 1920-1989; and Annual Reports, 1981, 1982,and 1987.
Immediate source of acquisition
While the run of Sacramental Registers appears to be reasonably complete for these congregations there are significant gaps in the records of church management, such as the records of the Committees of Stewards. No records of Lay Associations were accessioned with this record.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Sub-series description; file lists available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description