Fonds Acc: 78 - 4; 01 - 31 - Portage Knox United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Portage Knox United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 78 - 4; 01 - 31

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1899 - 1935 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

15 cm textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-1935)

Administrative history

Knox United Church existed as an independent congregation of the United Church of Canada from June 10, 1925 to October 6, 1935. Its predecessor was Knox Presbyterian, which continued to be used as the United Church. While it had often held combined services with Grace United Church, financial hardships in the 1930s provided the stimulus to begin negotiations with Grace United to officially amalgamate. This was done on October 6, 1935, and the combined congregation was renamed the United Church of Portage la Prairie, later known as Trinity United Church. The Knox United Church building was used after the amalgamation.

Custodial history

The records of Knox United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1978 and 2001.

Scope and content

The records held at the conference archives include: Official Notices of Marriages (1919-1929); records of the congregation (1899-1935); records of the Joint Boards (1920-1935); records of the Board of Managers (1925-1932); records of the Esther Brown Missionary Auxiliary (1919, 1924, 1932); records of the Board of Sessions (1910-1935); records of the Treasurer (1915-1935); records of the Ladies Aid (1923-1926, 1931-1935); and records of the Women's Missionary Society (W.M.S.)(1926-1935).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area