Title and statement of responsibility area
Killarney United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 84 -5; Ex.47; 01 - 34; 2006 - 42
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1910 - 2004 (Creation)
Physical description area
60 cm textual material and photographs.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Killarney United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Killarney, located 300 km southwest of Winnipeg, since 1941. Its predecessors were First United Church and Erskine United Church. The two churches amalgamated on July 6, 1941 to become Killarney United Church, the same day that Rev. John Savage was inducted as minister to the new charge. The First United Church building continued to be used as the Killarney United Church. Erskine United Church was sold to the Killarney Lodge No. 28 of the Independent Order of Oddfellows for $1000.00. A Christian Education Building was built in 1969. Killarney United Church also serves St Andrew's United Church in Ninette, and is a part of the Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Killarney United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Killarney Pastoral charge in 1984; 2001 and 2006.
Scope and content
The records of Killarney United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1927-1957, 1990-2004), Marriages (1927-1957, 1990-2004), and Burials (1927-1957, 1990-2004); Communion Rolls (1910-1943, 1975-1991); records of the Quarterly Official Board (1922-1938); records of the Board of Stewards (1956); records of the Council (1975-2003); records of the congregation (1957-2002); financial records (1912-1957); records of Management and Finance (1980-2000); records of the Worship Committee (1980-2003); records of the Women's Missionary Society (1948-1961); records of the United Church Women (1954-1999); records of the Pastoral Care Committee (1991-2002); records of the Building Committee (1997); records of the C.E. Building Committee (1968-1970); records of the Choir (1964-2001); records of the Young People's Union (1942-1952); records of the Christian Education Committee (1975-2003); records of the Fall Supper Committee (1997); records of the Ministry and Personnel Committee (1993-1997); records of the Change in Pastoral Relation Committee (1998); records of the Salary Investigation (1960); photographs (1943, 1984) and history (2000).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limit on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description