Title and statement of responsibility area
Kenville United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 83-12; 84-24
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
20 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Kenville United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Kenville, located south of Swan River, since 1925. Its predecessor was Kenville Methodist Church built in 1912, which became Kenville Co-operative Church and served by Presbyterian ministers in 1918. At the time of Union with the United Church of Canada, Kenville was in a pastoral field with Thunder Hill, Harlington and Pretty Valley. Rev. H.C. Harris was the first United minister. Between 1952 and 1962, major renovations were done to both the church and manse, including an addition to the church in 1958 for a Christian Education Centre. The Kenville congregation joined the Benito Pastoral charge in 1955. Since 1993, the Benito - Kenville Pastoral charge has been a two point charge in the Northland Presbytery.
The records of Kenville United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records from Rev. Brenda Ferguson in 1983 and 1984
Scope and content
The records of Kenville United Church held at the conference archives include: Communion Roll and Register (1918-1962); records of the congregation (1918-1966); records of the Ladies Aid (1944-1962); records of the Session (1954-1976); records of the Stewards/Trustees (1949-1961); records of the Woman's Auxiliary (1953-1958); and records of the U.C.W. (1962-1977).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Harlington Pastoral charge for another fonds level description for Kenville United Church .
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description