Fonds Vol. 1633 - Kelowna Gospel Fellowship Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Kelowna Gospel Fellowship Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA MHCA Vol. 1633

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1964-1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

8 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

This congregation was founded in Kelowna, B.C. in 1961 as the Kelowna Mennonite Mission Church. It was an outgrowth of the Kelowna First Mennonite Church with the exclusive use of the English-language. In 1963 the membership was 32. In 1966 they purchased their own meeting house and changed their name to Kelowna Gospel Fellowship Church. For 6 months in 1966 they shared the building with the Mennonite Brethren congregation. In 1968 the membership was 57. In 1980 they built a new meeting house. The membership in 1983 was 171, in 2000 it was 199, and in 2002 it was 222. The leaders of the congregation were: J.H. Enns (1961-1977), J.P. Vogt (1961-1971), Harold Dirks (1971-1973), Ronald Daku (1974-1979), Malvin Braun (1980-1987), Douglas Epp (1988), Larry Schram (1989- ).

Name of creator

Administrative history

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains bulletins (1976-1983), correspondence (1964-1966), annual reports (1975-1989), church board meeting minutes (1979), directories (1989-1990), and a brief congregational history (1966). The records pertain to the founding and development of the Mennonite congregation in Kelowna, B.C. They document some of the leaders and participants in the congregation.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Inventory file list available.

Online version of finding aid available at: http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/holdings/BC/BC_kelownagospel.htm

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres