Unidentified clergy on the steps of Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Maxmi Hermaniuk's consecration as bishop.
The digitized material from the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg fonds consists of two items: firstly, an article written by Gloria Romaniuk, Archivist for the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg Archives, that was published in Progress Ukrainian Catholic News. The article tells the story of the stone from Lourdes, France, and how it came to be installed in the Cook’s Creek Grotto, in Manitoba. The article is illustrated by archival and recent photos, including photos of two members of St. Josaphat Council # 4138, Knights of Columbus, who were instrumental in obtaining the stone from Lourdes.
The fonds consists of 59 identification cards for clergy working within the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg. There are 59 portrait photographs of the clergy which were used as the photos on the identification cards. There are fifteen pages of textual records consisting of an invoice, work order reports, parish names and addresses, and a check list of clergy who have or have not completed their portrait.