Daily journal written by Nicholas J. King between 1895-1899. The journal reflects Nicholas J. King's daily life, the operation of his farm near Brandon, Manitoba, the 1897 election results for the Reeve of the R.M. of Daly and a copy of a letter from John Strutt to Will (King) written from Fort Assiniboine (156 miles from Edmonton) March 1st, 1898
Photo postcard showing the busy broad road leading to Sts. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Catholic Church, visible in the distance, at the top right. The town was the headquarters of the Basilian missionaries with whom Father Ruh worked during his first ten years in Canada when large numbers of Ukrainian immigrants were settling on the prairies.